6TH US – AFRICA BUSINESS & POLICY FORUM
MAY 28, 2021
3PM – 6PM (CAT)
THEME: US – Africa Relations: Partnerships, Recovery and Sustainability
As the African continent find strategies to confront the twin health and economic crises created by the COVID-19 pandemic, to build back stronger than ever, African leaders would require the partnership of the Biden administration. The continent’s leaders must position Africa as a land of many opportunities; and we expect the Biden administration to lay the groundwork for a renewed U.S. policy agenda to promote resilience and prosperity in Africa, given President Biden’s proclivity for multilateralism and his anticipated prioritization of the African Continental Free Trade Area. The forum would also address the question whether a renewed and reimagined transatlantic partnership towards Africa can be a key element for the continent to achieve economic recovery.
African Leadership Magazine is, therefore, putting together the 6th US – Africa Business & Policy Dialogue 2021 to bring together policymakers, private sector leaders, Industry Titans, civil society leaders, and all stakeholders in US-Africa matters during this 2-day forum to provide insights on how Biden’s African policy in the coming years, as well as facilitate a U.S. private sector-led growth in Africa.
Key Highlights of The Forum
- Keynotes, Plenary and Breakout session
- Industry Roundtables and Thematic Paper Presentations
- Policymakers Roundtable Session: a high-level platform designed to engage the US/African policymakers in discussions on Africa Continental Free Trade Agreement (AfCFTA), Defence and security co-operations; AGOA and other Economic Development avenues; and deepening people-to-people relationships.
- Race Relations Roundtable dialogue session.
- African Leadership Magazine Awards presentations to ‘Top 100 US companies doing business in Africa’ & “Top 100 African American Leaders 2020 List”, in recognition of their contributions to communities’ development and economic recovery.
- The 4th African Banking Leadership Awards– an annual presentation ceremony to recognize professionalism, innovation and excellence in Africa’s banking and financial services sector.
Who Can Participate?
- Policymakers, Senior Government Officials and Diplomats
- Heads of Government, Agencies, and institutions
- Major Industry Titans and private sector leaders
- Think-tanks and International Development Institutions
- Academics, Civil society leaders and
- All US-Africa relations stakeholders
About African Leadership Magazine:
The African Leadership magazine is published by African Leadership (UK) Limited, a company registered in the United Kingdom (Company No. 07435198). The magazine focuses on bringing the best of Africa to a global audience, telling the African story from an African perspective; while evolving solutions to peculiar challenges being faced by the continent today.
Since its maiden edition, African Leadership Magazine has grown to become a leading pan-African flagship leadership-focused publication read by targeted international investors, business executives, government policymakers, and multilateral agencies across Africa, the Middle East and Asia, Europe, and the US. It is distributed at major international and African Leadership events around the world. The magazine has over 900,000 subscribers/Followers on Facebook alone and a virile readership on other social media platforms. It is a niche and unbiased African voice, telling African stories from African lenses.
For more information on participation and sponsorship, please contact our office, as shown below –
African Leadership (UK) Limited
Kingston Crescent, Portsmouth
PO2 8FA United Kingdom
Phone: +44(0) 743802727 +234(0) 7013038861