FORUM ON DEFENCE, HOMELAND & BORDER SECURITY IN AFRICA
MAY 5 – 6, 2021
10AM – 5PM (CAT)
THEME: Addressing Rising Terrorism, Social Instability And Cross-border Security Threats In An Integrated Africa: A Multidimensional Approach
African countries, therefore, face the daunting challenges of ensuring harmonized procedures, information mechanisms, and cross-border cooperation and coordination that can facilitate the movements of goods and people, while effectively addressing transnational crimes, terrorism, and security risks.
Hence, the African Leadership UK Limited is therefore thrilled to invite all security stakeholders to the Forum on Defence, Homeland & Border Security in Africa. The theme of the forum is set as-” Addressing Rising Terrorist Threats, Social Instability and Cross-Border Security Challenges in an Integrated Africa: A Multidimensional Approach”.
The Forum on Defence, Homeland & Border Security in Africa 2021 is designed as an educational and training forum, where leaders from across the region’s Armed Forces, Police, Customs and Immigration, as well as other security agencies and stakeholders will come together to engage in actionable discussions and debate on the different strategies to combat Africa’s security challenges, including terrorism, civil unrest, banditry, illegal immigration, human and drug trafficking, among others. This Forum will explore, through a series of fireside chats and panel discussions, African security challenges posed by complex geopolitical realities that have been exacerbated by the global COVID-19 pandemic, including disinformation, extremism, governance, and legitimacy.
- Topical keynotes and paper presentations
- Panel sessions and fireside chats
- African Leadership Awards for Gallantry and African Territorial Defense
- Unveiling the African Leadership Magazine’s Special edition on defense and security.
THEMES TO EXPECT AT THIS FORUM
The Forum on Defence, Homeland & Border Security in Africa 2021 will feature senior-level Speaker Faculty, keynote, and paper presentations, panel discussions, and case studies germane to the Military, Police, Customs, and Immigration. Some of the topic that will be explored, during the Forum, include:
- Defense and Security – Africa’s strategic place in the world
- A radical assessment of individual Countries Defense technology, research, and development apparatus
- Methodological approaches to defense issues
- Terrorism, counter-terrorism, and internal security in an integrated Africa.
- Funding and military budgets
- Protecting critical national infrastructures.
- International defense programs case studies
- Enhancing Defense and border security through integration, information sharing, and communication.
- Automation, AI and Big Data: feasibility and uses at the border
- “Smart Border” systems, including the EES and biometric scanners
- Airport-specific security protocols.
WHY ATTEND THIS FORUM?
- African Interoperability: Develop a Pan-African approach and strategy against terrorism, and social instability, and border security challenges.
- Gain strategic insight, and education on border security and defense in an integrated Africa
- Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior-level international speakers on some of the complex challenges facing defense and border security and intelligence leaders.
- Integrated Border Management – Our speaker faculty will discuss and share with you, the concept of integrated border management with key policy officials to successfully establish a coherent strategy on Defense and border security.
- Our seasoned speakers, who are ex and serving UK, US and African military leaders, and academic consultants, will explore global best practices to secure borders across Land, Sea, and Air and key critical infrastructure.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to engage in constructive dialogue among all in attendance, as well as build relationships with senior officers from other countries to understand both current and future requirements and to improve intra-regional cooperation.
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are allowed to address the Forum with their questions, comments, or ideas.
- Discover how the latest innovative technologies can help boost successful operations and stay ahead of the curve in an ever-changing threat landscape.
WHO IS THIS FORUM FOR?
- The Military
- Police and Homeland Security
- Customs and Immigration
- Ministries of Defence and Interior
- Regional and international defense industries leaders
ABOUT THE AFRICAN LEADERSHIP MAGAZINE
The African Leadership magazine is published by the African Leadership (UK) Limited, a diversified group committed to building the Africa of the future by developing an ecosystem of bespoke solutions, creating platforms for connections, and generating value for stakeholders, partners, and clients. With its core activities primarily rooted in the Consulting and Publishing sectors, the company uses its Africa know-how and local expertise, while working with its strategic networks, to drive successful market entry strategy in the African Energy, Security, and diverse sectors. The company is also a global leader in promoting African Excellence, achievement, and opportunities to an array of stakeholders internationally.
For more information, contact
African Leadership UK
Portsmouth Technopole, Kingston Crescent,
Portsmouth, PO2 8FA United Kingdom
Phone: +44(0)23 9265 8276; +44(0)738802727