AFRICAN LEADERSHIP MAGAZINE PERSONS OF THE YEAR AWARD GALA
FEB 26, 2021
THIS IS A PAST EVENT
THEME: Intentional Leadership: Rethinking Development Priorities in Africa
The African Leadership Magazine Persons of the Year Awards is Africa’s premier vote-based endorsement, reserved annually for the leading Africans who are contributing towards promoting the continent progress, and positively altering Africa’s perceived negative image. The event, which is in its 8th year, has become a referendum of some sort by Africans on purposeful leadership in the continent. A shortlist of nominees are selected from results gathered via a Call for nomination – traditionally promoted via online and offline campaigns across the continent, and globally. The call for nomination and subsequent selection of Africans with the largest number of entries in 7 categories, is followed by a poll on our website: www.africanleadershipmagazine.co.uk and our social media platforms – through which the winners emerge.
The keenly contested poll, across 7 different categories, attracts huge entries in upward of 300,000 to 700,000 entries on the website; entries across our social media platforms, and submissions via email. Winners are then decorated and presented with the instruments of honour, usually within the last week of February. The event attracts a wide spectrum of African policy, diplomatic and business leaders.
The annual event have also become a platform for honouring people-cantered leadership and Africans that are pursuing a pan-African agenda in their chosen fields of endeavour.
This year’s event will provide a platform to celebrate the continent’s purveyors of hope. Business, political and diplomatic leaders who are helping us to see possibilities in the midst of a global pandemic that has become and existential threat.
For more information about this events please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To promote purposeful and people focused leadership.
- To promote leadership in the core areas of Politics and Governance; Gender; Philanthropy; Education; Job Creation; Youth Development.
- Providing the platform for meaningful engagement and conversations on Africa’s future.
- To celebrate the continent’s wealth and job creators, while evolving home grown solutions for Africa’s unemployment and industrialization dilemma.
- To promote an exchange of tested ideas, projects, research results, and findings that can help African governments, parliaments and business leaders to commit to sustainably creating more jobs in the continent.
- High-level networking with key decision makers in the continent
- Audacious leadership in the new-normal
- Post COVID-19 recovery and investments in Africa
- Supporting MSMEs for Jobs & wealth creation
- Promotion of sustainable peace & development;
- Delivering of democratic values;
- The promotion of Africa’s image globally
- Panel Discussions
- Keynote Speeches
- Meet the press session virtual session
- Green Room Discussions
- Gala Awards & Dinner
About African Leadership Magazine:
The African Leadership magazine is published by African Leadership (UK) Limited, a company registered in the United Kingdom (Company No. 07435198). The magazine focuses on bringing the best of Africa to a global audience, telling the African story from an African perspective; while evolving solutions to peculiar challenges being faced by the continent today.
Since its maiden edition, African Leadership Magazine has grown to become a leading pan-African flagship leadership-focused publication read by targeted international investors, business executives, government policymakers, and multilateral agencies across Africa, the Middle East and Asia, Europe, and the US. It is distributed at major international and African Leadership events around the world. The magazine has over 900,000 subscribers/Followers on Facebook alone and a virile readership on other social media platforms. It is a niche and unbiased African voice, telling African stories from African lenses.
This is a virtual event.
Please register online using the registration link above if you will like to attend.
Kingston Crescent, Portsmouth
PO2 8FA United Kingdom
Phone: +44(0)23 9265 8276