AFRICAN REGULATORY AGENCIES AND STANDARDS ADMINISTRATORS FORUM
FEB 13 – 18, 2023
PORT LOUIS, MAURITIUS
THEME:The Future of Regulation- Frameworks, Governance and Compliance
Following the success of the inaugural edition, which took place on August 22 – 26, 2019 at the Hilton London Metropole – United Kingdom, and the second edition, which held on October 25th – 29th, 2021 at the Accra City Hotel, Ghana, the African Leadership Organisation is pleased to present the 3rd edition of the African Regulatory Agencies and Standards Administrators Forum – Mauritius 2023.
The African Regulatory Agencies and Standards Administrators Forum – Mauritius 2023 is therefore a specialized course for regulatory professionals from across Africa to engage in a peer-to-peer dialogue and learning, information exchange and best practices among regulatory bodies, from across a variety of regulatory and enforcement domains, such as economic, health, environment and quality of service, which will be analyzed and discussed on a case-by-case basis to provoke, illuminate, and define ubiquitous dilemmas and emerging approaches.
The curriculum explores compelling regulatory topics such as:
- Strategic Public Management Model, and its application to regulatory settings
- Fundamental design dilemmas common across all regulatory domains
- Diagnose problems and intervention rationale
- Identify alternative options
- Measure the impact of regulation
- The distinctive nature of problem-centric work
- The role of analysis in supporting effective risk-control, problem-solving, or compliance-management operations
- Special classes of risks (such as catastrophic risks, invisible risks, risks involving adversaries, etc.) that complicate the task of controlling them.